RE: Caller ID unit.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Caller ID unit.
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:24:01 +0100

Hi Stuart

Ok now re-read the data sheet (must disable the list when busy at
work!). Yes you should be ok to use it that way. It is only the clock
pulses that do not clock the start and stop bits but they are available.
Just make sure to check that the IC is operating in mode 0 by checking
the logic level on it. Sorry for the confusion. To answer the original
question yes Jon's circuit will be fine as far as I can see.

Ian D