Robs *NEW* Node '0'

Any one that follows this list will know that SWMBO decreed that my full
height rack did not 'blend' with our barn conversion. I was rather proud
of it as I had had it stripped cleaned and powder coated satin black!!!
Anyway it had to go and in fact has now made it into the server room
here at our HO to house our new VOIP telephone and WAN equipment (Now
that's fun! Especially when it was dropping calls left right and centre
for the first couple of weeks.).

So I needed a more discreet solution, a few drawings latter and a call
to a local carpenter and its taking shape. The objective is a fully
featured and flexible Node '0' which is unrecognisable when the doors
are closed! Ventilation will be going up through the roof.

I've posted three pictures to the pictures area of the group in a folder
called 'Robs Node '0' Project'.

Basically it's two towers, which will house a full height rack (Mainly
for AV and Audio kit.) in the left with various storage in the right.
The left hand one has been strengthened and tied in to the joists to
give the required strength. The left tower also has a side access door
for wiring access. In the centre of the two towers are two further
hinged access panels which will house various kit. Then theirs my desk
built in too!

Carpenter finished yesterday so now its on to spraying the whole thing.
Then the sparky is coming to move my consumer units housing the c-bus
install etc. I'm leaving the Comfort panel in its current location as I
can't face the re-wire required.

I'll post more pictures as the project progresses.

SWMBO has already named it 'Twin Towers' hopefully it will have a more
secure future!

Many thanks

Rob