Re: Introduction

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Introduction
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:37:48 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Jeremy Aston" <jeremyaston@y...>
wrote:

> At the moment my interest and questions are firmly centred around a
> professional DIY job however I noted that in my area (West Sussex)
> there are not many options for getting advice and support in
> designing and implementing HA projects.

True, though you will find several UKHAers in West Sussex. We have
had mini-meets in the Gatwick area a couple of times in the last
year, and at least one "cabling party".

> Some of the local Hi-Fi
> dealers are getting in on the act but still appear relatively
> inexperienced with the computer (Hardware/Software/Networking) side
> of things.

The hi-fi dealers seem to be more interested in high-end cinema
rooms, which all seem to spend loads of money on "looks
expensive"
stuff rather than actual picture or sound quality.

Now, the question of "what are UKHAers doing" has been raised
before
by new members, and I'm overdue in showing some other people in the
area round my house...

... see my next post :-)