Re: Re: OT - Has O2hoster ceased already?

Quoting Nick Towers <nickt@xxxxxxx>:

> For me its hassle not money (but hassle = time = money), I just want
> the site back up for a day or two so I can get the files & mail I

I know what you mean (and indeed 4 me is an incentive NOT to pursue - a lot
of
hassle! But then, there is the _principal...) but I can't see him being
that 'nice' given that he took the site down with no notice, leaving
support
only for a day, and then killing that too...

> need. But I will write. Trouble is, as a Ltd co, if it has no assets
> (which I suspect will be the case), it's not going to pay up/refund
> unless there were personal guarantees which is v unlikely.

Are you sure you're not confusing the ltd liability of the shareholders
with
the liabilities of the directors?  Directors tend to get 'special'
treatment
because they are responsible for the company - to stop things like setting
up,
taking all your money, and then running - so you might find that Ozan is
more
liable than you think.
Plus, he said they are shutting down because of O2 mobile moaning about the
name - not because they are bankrupt.....

T.