Re: #ukha irc - adios

Gerard McGovern wrote:
> Boys and girls,
>
> This list has been fun for a while, and so has the #ukha IRC channel.
> Unfortunately the latter is run by someone who really doesn't like me.
>
> What this means is as soon as you say something they don't agree with,
you
> get called a prick and banned from the room.
>
> So I am going to join the countless others who have left this list
because
> of long time regulars. Once you've become one of those you are free to
say
> and do as you please.

And if I was anywhere near as petty as you I'd post the IRC logs. You
have this tendacy to go from being pleasant to talk to, to seriously
patronising in one simple move. It's against NixHelp AUP and I, and many
of the chan users, are fed up with it.

Strangely while I get people agreeing with my actions, no one but you
tells me they have a problem with it.

Once banned, usually for a few mins at most, the correct response is NOT
to send a patronising email then try to avoid the ban by using another
ISP. You will be welcome back at any point when you calm down again.

As has been stated many times in the past, the channel is NOT run as
part of this list and while anyone is free to use it, there are correct
procedures on NixHelp itself if you feel I or any other chanop has acted
inapropriately.

--
Calum Morrell
www.drochaid.org