RE: Re: Major panic last night

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Major panic last night
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:14:14 +0100

One of the biggest problems is the old chestnut of funding.

I can remember working in the local Police Station a few years ago and the
Panda cars were limited to doing 14 miles per shift as thats all the fuel
budget would allow. If a car did more than its allocated mileage during a
shift then the allocated mileage was reduced for subsequent shifts.

It sort of explained why they spent a lot of time sitting parked on the
seafront without actually chasing too many cars. Didnt explain why they
couldnt actually get OUT of the cars and walk the beat though !!!

I have to admit that I wouldnt fancy their job at all though. They now have
to wear body armour at all times even in the swealtering heat and deal with
some real scum :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv