From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Major panic last night

I can understand their reasons although it doesn't make it any easier -
they
do get a lot of false alarm calls. Although I did get two sensors going
off - having a chat with a enquiry desk plod later, he said that if there
were multiple activations, they would attend.

Paul.

SWIMBO’s
> > Primary School production (which was actually very good!)
– Oh,
> > and SWMBO is the deputy head – not one of the kids!!!. In
the
> > middle, my alarm (Comfort) rang my mobile to tell me my house was
> > being broken into!
> >
> > Listening to the alarm history told me that the hall and then
> > kitchen sensor had triggered close together. My dog was closed up
> > in the kitchen but I did wonder if she’d managed to get
into the
> > hall and trigger the alarm (no other sensors had been triggered).
> > I phoned the police but even though two separate sensors had been
> > triggered, they weren’t interested but asked me to phone
them
> > back when I’d found out what it was (and no doubt caught
any
> > intruder myself!). Rushed back to the house to find all was well
> > and no sign of the dog having escaped (all door firmly shut).
> > Very odd – not sure what could have caused both
PIR’s to trigger
> > especially as we haven’t had a false alarm in the year
Comfort’s
> > been installed.
> >
> > This kind of incident brings several things home –
> >
> > 1) It’s very frustrating not to have more info on
what’s going
> > on (still pictures to the phone would be good)
> > 2) Comfort’s alarm log is good but it would be better if
it
> > collated the entries and presented them in a more understandable
> > way i.e. “hall PIR triggered, five seconds later kitchen
PIR