Re: Major panic last night

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Major panic last night
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:14:57 -0000

> 3)	SMS text with details would have been good =96 how can I do=20
this?

Few ways to do this:

- xAP connector for comfort + xAP connector for SMS + suitable GSM=20
modem. Advantage of this approach is that you can send and receive=20
SMS from your house for other control purposes too.

- xAP connector for comfort + sms to e-mail gateway. Advantage of=20
this is that it is cheap, but sms to e-mail gateways can be=20
unreliable in terms of prompt delivery.

- xAP connector for comfort + xAP Web/WAP server. View the comfort=20
logs from a WAP capable phone, once you've had the call. Assumes you=20
have broadband or the ability to initiate an automatic call to the=20
net once the alarm is triggered. Can be scripted to generate the=20
reports you are after.

- Homeseer Comfort plugin, plus e-mail to SMS. Can be scripted to=20
generate the reports you are after.

ACE support for xAP is apparently in the works, according to Dan H.,=20
so this may also become a viable route for you.

All the above is available for download from patrick.lidstone.net/ha=20
Although I don't generate pretty reports, I do use the xAP=20
web/wap/sms connection to comfort - works very well.

Patrick