Re: Major panic last night

Bring out the X10BM (x10 basher module)!

Guess you could also have it txt a neighbour and/or take a snap from a
video server? :)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Paul wrote:

> Last night I was about an hour away from home watching SWIMBO=92s
Primary=
School production (which was actually very good!) =96 Oh, and SWMBO is the=
deputy head =96 not one of the kids!!!. In the middle, my alarm (Comfort) =
rang my mobile to tell me my house was being broken into!

> Listening to the alarm history told me that the hall and then kitchen
sen=
sor had triggered close together. My dog was closed up in the kitchen but
I=
did wonder if she=92d managed to get into the hall and trigger the alarm (=
no other sensors had been triggered). I phoned the police but even though
t=
wo separate sensors had been triggered, they weren=92t interested but
asked=
me to phone them back when I=92d found out what it was (and no doubt caugh=
t any intruder myself!). Rushed back to the house to find all was well and
=
no sign of the dog having escaped (all door firmly shut). Very odd =96 not
=
sure what could have caused both PIR=92s to trigger especially as we haven=
=92t had a false alarm in the year Comfort=92s been installed.

> This kind of incident brings several things home =96
>
> 1)	It=92s very frustrating not to have more info on what=92s going on
(st=
ill pictures to the phone would be good)
> 2)	Comfort=92s alarm log is good but it would be better if it collated
th=
e entries and presented them in a more understandable way i.e. =93hall PIR
=
triggered, five seconds later kitchen PIR triggered, five minutes later
and=
no further activations=94 etc. I=92m sure this can be done with a bit of s=
cripting and ACE?
> 3)	SMS text with details would have been good =96 how can I do this?
> 4)	It=92s all very well having a sophisticated alarm system but unless
yo=
u understand the alarm history entries in detail, you can=92t be sure what=
=92s actually going on.
> 5)	Having a plan for this kind of event is critical (especially when
the =
Police aren=92t interested)