Re: OT: It can be a new virus?

> In the last two days I have received a lot of "NETBIOS Port
probe" on my
> computer directly connected to the Internet. It is something like tens
per
> hour.
>
> It can be a new virus?
> Anyone else have seen this on his own computer?

Not me, just the usual pointless portscans in my logs for the last few
days.

There are a few stories about "mysterious traffic" on the net for
the last
couple of weeks from a worm the experts reckon is on the loose, but didn't
see any mention of netbios.

I assume you are on a shared (ADSL, cable modem) uplink of some type, so I
would guess one of your neighbours is doing something funny. Does the
source
of the "Netbios port probe" look like its coming from the same
subnet as you?

Steven