RE: Re: OT Combi Boilers

There are combi boilers out there that have a preheat facility, which
minimizes this time lag problem. We keep ours set to preheat and it works
quite well, with no real noticable lag from when we had a hot water
cylinder. I guess the lag also depends on the power output too.

We live in a hard water area, and were advised to use a water softener with
the combi. As it happens, we were already getting a softner, so I didn't
dig
into the technical details of what would happen to the boiler if we didn't.

Cheers,

Rich.

<brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: OT Combi Boilers
> >Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:26:41 +0100
> >
> >Thanks Neil, that makes me a very happy bunny!
> >
> >the reason is, my current boiler and hot water tank are in
> the kitchen
> >and
> >there are 2 cold water tanks in the roof of the bathroom.
> >
> >I will soon have finished my big workshop and will then attack the
> >bathroom, but my plans do not want the cold water tanks in
> the roof still,
> >so that is why I am happy!
> >
> >B.

/IBOolB/TM