RE: OT : PDA recommendation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT : PDA recommendation
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:10:14 +0100

> I use my Psion as a diary, an address book, I write occaisonal short
> reports in Psion Word, I pick up e-mails and newsgroup postings (but
> don't surf - too slow), I sync with MS Outlook and also sync address
> books in my mobiles and I use Route and Street mapping s/w.
> Occaisonally i play the odd game when stuck in an airport.

I'd say get a Palm based PDA then. Whilst Pocket PC (now called Windows
Mobile) based devices can do far more functions, for the functions you just
described the Palm is so much better. Plus they are cheaper and smaller and
generally have a better battery life.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-t/

... is the one I'd go for. The new Palms can read MS Office docs with ease.