OT : PDA recommendation

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: OT : PDA recommendation
  • From: "m_surgenor" <zen8432@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:56:29 -0000

My trusty Psion 5mx has packed in and as it has been repaired before=20
I'm considering moving over to a Palm or Pocket PC based PDA. I'm=20
lost without it and want to buy something v. soon.

I use my Psion as a diary, an address book, I write occaisonal short=20
reports in Psion Word, I pick up e-mails and newsgroup postings (but=20
don't surf - too slow), I sync with MS Outlook and also sync address=20
books in my mobiles and I use Route and Street mapping s/w.=20
Occaisonally i play the odd game when stuck in an airport.=20=20

I have to admit I like the keyboard on the Psion so would miss that=20
on an IPAQ or whatever so would probably buy a fold away one.=20=20
Looking around I've been taken with Sony Clie's but probably only=20
because of the additional gadgets - which I probably wouldn't use!=20=20
Also I'm not sure I  want to go down the Palm route - especially as I=20
value clean syncs with MS Outlook and exchange of Word / Excel docs.

So I'm considering an IPAQ - which one? or a Tosh (E750?)  I'd=20
probably run to =A34-500.   All suggestions gratefully received.

Malcolm

PS - my mobiles are Bluetooth...  :-)