CCTV recommendations!!

Dear All

I need some help to specify a CCTV system. I have a vandalism problem at
the rear of my house. There is an alleyway that runs across the bottom
of my garden and the local miscreants have taken it upon themselves to
keep demolishing my garden wall. I have also had upstairs windows
smashed in the past. I ended up in a police car last night chasing the
little (actually quite big) sods but as no-one actually saw them break
the wall all the police could was take their names and addresses.

It seems that CCTV is the next step in trying to obtain evidence and
this is where I need your help.

What do I need?
Where can I get the kit?
How much is this going to cost?

I currently have no CCTV equipment so all suggestions would be welcome.
The garden isn't very big and the back of the garage is about 12ft from
the said wall. I suspect that the insurance company are going to get
very miffed if I keep claiming for the same section of wall. There is
nothing sacred in the garden so running cables etc. is no problem.

Before you ask no I don't live in Beirut (just feels like it sometimes)
but the suburbs of London.

Here's hoping that you can help!!!

John