From: neil_goldsmith [mailto:ngoldsmi@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 June 2003 22:10
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: OT Combi Boilers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Brian G. Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:
> Just a quickie.....
>
> Do you still need a cold water tank for a combi-boiler?

No ... no tanks .. mains cold in- hot water out .... the heating
circuit is pressurised by the mains pressure via the filling loop
then held by a small pressure vessel within the boiler case hence the
warning labels about not operating at less than ~1 bar. .... Neil

> As I understand it a combi does not use a hot water storage
cylinder as it is instant (ish) hot on demand so not sure about a
cold tank.

> Also does the radiator central heating also require a cold water
tank when connected to a combi?