Re: X10 Project ideas? Was: Anyone tried these AEI wireless units,

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 Project ideas? Was: Anyone tried these AEI wireless units,
  • From: "david_dabs" <david_dabs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:24:28 -0000

I found that you can increase the range if you can get the unit high
enough,  I get an additional 7m if I place the TM13 upstairs rather
than down stairs.  The same is true of the 802.11a/b kit,  I now have
both access points in the loft to increase the range,  if I ever
bother to get a X10 filter I'll also put the TM13 in the loft but for
now the UPS's kick the X10 signal so I can't do that.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@h...> wrote:

> My TM13 reception is about 10 to 15 m indoor (with good batteries
in
> the remote - goes down to 1 m if the batteries die off), makes it a
> 25 to 30 m radius which covers the whole house and a bit of the
yard.
> You could also put 2 units at the extremes on same house code to
> extend range - there is an error checking in the protocol to avoid
> data collision I believe , or go for some amplifiers.
>
> rgds Rob.
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Doogie Brodie <ukhad@d...> wrote:
> > vectra999uk2002 wrote:
> >
> > > I guess I will also go with x10 after all your comments!
> >
> > :-D
> >
> > > I would still like to do some wireless interfacing using a
PIC