Re: Britains Best Homes - Channel 4 every afternoon.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Britains Best Homes - Channel 4 every afternoon.
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:08:39 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Doogie Brodie <ukhad@d...> wrote:
> mark_harrison_uk2 wrote:
>
> I thought the Harrisons didn't have the required equipment to
> receive  broadcast television signals.... or did I just dream
> that ? !

A recent change. The main telly / cinema system is still
a "prerecorded media only" system, and jolly nice it is too.

However, we recently acquired a 21" FST telly from my parents, circa
mid-80s vintage (no SCART, mono audio etc.)

This now lives in the bedroom with a battery-powered aerial on top.
The picture is still a bit snowy, and we can only pick up BBC1, BBC2
and C4 at the moment but, heh, we still don't watch enough broadcast
TV to justify the cost of a roof aerial.

The last comment isn't entirely flippant - we live in what's known to
be one of the worst reception areas in England, and with my attitude
to audio-visual quality being the "if we're going to do it, do it
right" type, it wouldn't be cheap.

Regards,

Mark