InfraX Remote Manager version 1.7 is now ready to be tested by you...:-)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: InfraX Remote Manager version 1.7 is now ready to be tested by you...:-)
  • From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:14:38 +0300

Hi all,

After a long pause (because my little son  takes me all my free time and
not
only) a new version of the InfraX Remote Manager (1.7.0) is available for
download at the following sites:

http://www.laser.com/dante
http://www.geocities.com/tdanro

What's new  (main features)?

- you can now select up to 10 different deevices from a Bluetooth
enabled phone (with a 'SHIFT' key), using friendly names (more than 120
different commands from a single GSM phone keyboard!);
- you can now import and export X10 devicees, applications definition
and monitored events too;
- the application can be minimized in trayy (still access to
Start/Stop/Restart monitoring and Exit functions). Tray icon format and
color depend on application status;
- play MP3 and WAV files inside applicatioon, as applications (useful
for vocal feedback messages);
- mouse as output plugin (ex: use a Bluetoooth enabled phone or an
infrared remote to control a Powerpoint presentation);
- Housekeeping function - automatically deelete orphaned events;
- new, optimized CGI scripts, now with botth WEB and WAP support (2
different scripts), for secure remote access over the Internet. You can now
control your home from everywhere in the world using a WAP enabled mobile
phone;
- new Winamp commands... read next/prev meelody in the playlist + read
prev 10, next 10, without changing the play status ' YES to play the
currently selected melody in the playlist;
- if monitoring started, then application started in minimized mode;
- a new, simplified infrared input interfaace (DCDStd type) is available
in the "hardware" section.

Take a look at the Wish List to see what's next..:-))

Please send me any comments you may have by mail.

Best regards,
Dan