RE: Latest version of MDaemon with SpamAssassin

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Latest version of MDaemon with SpamAssassin
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:16:30 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Chris Bond wrote:

> I get around 90% hit rate usually - I have it set to rewrite subject
for
> {Spam} then local mail client moves it into a spam folder.  Every now
> and again I check if theres nothing that shouldn't be in there and
clean
> it out.

If you run an e-mail server, you should filter the spam at the SMTP stage
first. Only use SpamAssassin/Razor/etc for those that have managed to get
past RBL and other UCE filtering. As once a spam is accepted by the
server, the adverse effect of it has already been incurred in terms of
wasted bandwidth and local storage. All these post-delivery filters offer
is to save the unfortunate recipient of identifying and deleting the spam.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.