RE: [OT] Selling Audiotron to get Surround Amp - any suggestions?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Selling Audiotron to get Surround Amp - any suggestions?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:03:39 -0000

Nik,

Just to keep you informed..

I went back to RicherSounds again last night and swapped the speakers
again!
I've now gone full circle and swapped them for the original set that
I bought, the Eltax Liberty 5 set. I wasn't happy with the lack of midrange
on the sub/sat package and the Mirage pack left me with the feeling that
I'd spent more and got less (i.e. the rears were not bipolar).

In the 2 months I've been swapping the speakers etc RS have reduced the
price of the Liberty package from £250 to £150.. so I've ended up
getting the Liberty pack (2 floor standers/Centre/BiPolar rears) +
Eltax atomic 10 (175w) subwoofer (£60) and another Eltax centre speaker
"Symphony" (£80) to be used as a centre rear i.e. 6.1

At the end of the day not a very unobtrusive system but one that I feel
happy with in terms of sound. SWMBO isn't going to be happy.. especially
since she asked me to turn OFF the Surround Sound the other night because
"she kept hearing noises behind her" !

Marcus