RE: [ukha_d]Scalers/deinterlacers (WasPanasonic PTAE100 £799!)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d]Scalers/deinterlacers (WasPanasonic PTAE100 £799!)
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:28:58 -0000

Must have missed that one Tony :-(

The ProV appears to be a fairly decent piece of kit for the price
(=A3100). I find a straight S-video feed into the PJ is pretty much
un-watchable. Through the ProV it is very much improved (to my untrained eye anyway).

Footie is not as good as it could be as I still get some ghosting and
colour bleed. Some tearing against fast moving backgrounds, but still
watchable.

It changes aspect OK, from 4:3 to 16:9 and has a Vscroll option which is like a zoom. Recommendation is to leave it in XGA for best results and
this seems to work OK, incl aspect changing.

I got mine pretty much on the recommendation of this guy:

http://www.markgoldie.c= o.uk/hc/hc5.html

but there are plenty of other people with good results on the AV forums.
As I use a PC for DVD playback, I might consider getting a Capture\Tuner card eventually and use something like dscaler:

http://deinterlace.sourcefo= rge.net/

and see what sort of results I get with that!

Cheers
Don

scaler\interlacer

http://groups.ya= hoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/