RE: Hager Tebis

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Hager Tebis
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:28:28 -0000

I can really only echo this =96 whilst you have the opportunity wire the switches so that you could add C-Bus or a.n.other later. X10 is a great
place to start and will serve many requirements well.

I was quite happy at my last property with X10 (except for lack of status<= BR> response and switching times) but at the place I have moved to I have far more failures on switching and other issues. I also wanted to get rid of th= e
time delays between press and ON and for things like PIR trigger to light ON. Having a network like C-Bus has made it 100% reliable and near
instantaneous. Indeed C-Bus also includes a periodic check (every 3 seconds= )
to confirm that every light and switch indicator is in it=92s expected stat= e
and it will self correct if it finds and issue, it also has numerous power<= BR> failure recovery scenarios to preset positions or even last current
position.

C-Bus dimmers in 8 channel varieties start at =A3300 equating to =A337.50 p= er
channel =96 as an LD11 is =A330 then C-Bus is about 25% more expensive. How= ever
you do need to factor in the programming interface and the C-Bus light
switches are much more expensive than say an X10 one. However if your
triggering from contact closures or say HV then by using a C-Bus to xAP
gateway you could achieve all the control without buying too many lamp
switches or use a 4 way bus couple =96 giving you a cost per switch of abou= t
=A325.

Kevin