Re: Re: Tivo SCART control...

This will be, I presume, exactly the same as turning it off in the menu...

I'd still like Tivo to have control over the input switching, just not to be
quite so greed about it... Ideally, Tivo would assert the scart function
switching pin (pin 8 is it?) whenever it needed to switch the input, but
then *release* the pin straight away... - e.g. assert pin 8 momentarily,
rather than permanently... I presume this would switch the TV when the pin
was high, and would (hopefully), leave the TV in the new mode when it was
released, (so that the TV wouldn't automatically revert back to its internal
tuner straight away...)

I'm sure I have seen other devices behave like this... they will switch the
TV to the correct SCART input when "play" is pressed, but I can still change
the TV to another input if I want to... If I press "stop" then "play" again
on the player, then the TV will switch again... and so on... This suggests
that these devices use the scart switching signal momentarily, but then
release it once the input has been switched, so that control returns to me,
and override is available...

any thoughts?

Paul G.