RE: Bluetake BW002 USB wireless LAN Adapter

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bluetake BW002 USB wireless LAN Adapter
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:45:58 -0000

> Maplin have promotion - Bluetake BW002 USB wireless LAN Adapter,
> =A339.99 reduced from 69.99. See http://www.maplin.co.uk/pdf/A77AK.pdf
> Can anyone tell me if such a device will enable bridging from a
> conventional wired Lan (using this and an ethernet NIC on a static
> PC) to a couple of notebooks fitted with PCMCIA cards?

>From painful, bitter recent experience with Bluetooth maybes aye, maybes no!

I have an adaptor here, a Bluetake one that I use to synch the T68 with
the PC, works fine. I tried it with the VAIO as a WLAN device and it was a non-starter as well as the Nokia 6310i (grrr) which staunchly refuses
to connect to anything Bluetooth bar a headset! It will connect however
if you are prepared to buy Nokia's proprietary PC card, funnily enough.

The T68 talks to just about anything it seems as does my Motorola
headset but the USB adaptor and the 6310i do not.

On reading up a bit I found out that there are several formats that
Bluetooth uses so the only way to find out is to try it IME.

K.