RE: Can some kind electronics bod help?

Hi Frank,

I thought that the IR is unidirectional from HV to Kustom.  I also
gleaned that the Kustom System used 5V inputs.  Did you mean Kustom or
Ocelot when you wrote:

"The impression i get is that the Kustom System tx voltage is
15v ( circuit diagram would be nice) . The resistor i assume
is to limit the drive current.."

Agree that the opto is the safest way to go - of course I guess it means
he needs a source of 5V on the Kustom side from somewhere unless it has
internal pullups.

Anyrate off to bed !  Been writing Perl code instead of laying out a PCB
:-)

Cheers
Shane

List of UKHA Groups here -