Re: [OT] GPRS Bluetooth T68i Tosh 740e

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] GPRS Bluetooth T68i Tosh 740e
  • From: Simon McCartney <simonm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:05:42 +0000

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:38:19PM -0000, Mike Griffiths wrote:
> Anyone have any experience of connecting the above together to get Web
> access on a Tosh 740e PDA via Bluetooth to an Ericsson T68i phone via GPRS
>

> I have got half way and connected to the web but I'm sure I cant get out of
> the GPRS "Firewall?" to access the net

What provider are you with?  Here's what I needed for O2 (I think I also
needed to request Net access, not just WAP over GPRS)

APN:       mobile.o2.co.uk
Userid: web
Passwd:      web

I've used on my T68i for IMAP access, and for GPRS access from my
Handspring Visor, which was a pin to setup 'cos the Visor doesn't like a
long connect script, so ended up putting some of the stuff in the Modem
config and a single "dial" command in my GPRS profile, i.e.:

Modem Init String: AT+CGDCONT=3

Network Service: GPRS
      Phone:      00
      Login Script:      Send:       ATDT*99#
                  Send CR:
                  Delay:   8
                  End:

Anyways, I can get at my own IMAP mail box but can't send mail useing
either my own SMTP server or o2's (smtp.o2.co.uk)

Hope some of that helps!

McC

-simonm (E: simon@xxxxxxx W: +44 28 9072 5060 M: +44 7710 836915)
This sig is xenon coated, and will glow red when in the presence of aliens