Wildly off-topic - The Return of the King

}  --The Most Startling Changes in the film version of RotK --
}
} 10. Tom Bombadil!! Tom has relocated! He now lives between
}     Osgiliath and Cirith Ungol. He provides shelter for
}     Gollum, Sam and Frodo as events unfurl in Minas Tirith.
}     The images of him dancing around like a fool with The
}     Mountains of Shadow in the background are disturbing to
}     say the least. "Fans wanted Tom, so I gave it to them!"
}     says Jackson.
}
} 09. Merry kills the Witch King with a wet towel! The Witch
}     King has Eowyn by the hair, his evil steed is munching
}     on Theoden's head. Then SNAP! Merry knocks the Witch
}     King's crown off with a sodden banner he finds in the
}     midst of Pelennor Fields which somehow kills the undead
}     lord, go figure. This is made all the worse by a creepy
}     flashback Merry has right before the deed of a wet towel
}     fight with Fatty Bolger and the lads back at Crickhollow.
}
} 08. Legolas gets a finger cut off by Gimili's ax by accident.
}     Using 'Elf Magic' he makes the missing digit regrow like
}     some high speed lizard tail. This is supposed to be some
}     kind of foreshadowing. "Viewers like foreshadowing," said
}     Jackson.
}
} 07. Gimli falls in a latrine pit at Minas Tirith. I really
}     don't want to say anymore about this. Yeech.
}
} 06. When Pippin looks in a palanti'r and sees a waving New Line
}     Cinema logo, -then- the Red Eye.
}
} 05. A red headed woman of extraordinary beauty sees the Hobbits
}     at Aragorn's Coronation and says aloud "Hobbits! Well, what
}     is next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but
}     I have seldom heard of..." then her lines get drown out
}     by the blare of horns. Peter Jackson explains, "I got
}     more email asking to include that line that you can imagine,
}     so I put it in. It's details like this that make my film
}     so true to the spirit of Tolkien."
}
} 04. On the Paths of the Dead, Aragorn meets up with the ghost
}     of Christmas 2001, 2002, and 2003. All of which are played
}     by Peter Jackson. "Hey, these ARE holiday films too, what
}     says that better than an allusion to Charles Dickens?"
}     explains Jackson.
}
} 03. The Dance of the Pumpkins. Trust me, you don't want to know
}     anymore about this.
}
} 02. Faramir gets killed. For reals. Gandalf marries Eowyn in
}     a double ceremony with Aragorn and Arwen.
}
} 01. Sam SHOVES Gollum into the Crack of Doom. "Die Stinker!
}     And here's a finger from me!" a line and a accompanying
}     gesture that will live in film infamy.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor