RE: [ADVERT] Clipsal C-bus

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ADVERT] Clipsal C-bus
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:59:03 -0000

Hi Martin

Yes I have done one retro fit. Its obviously not as easy but can be
done.
Its sounds as if you are half way there anyway.
The DIN units and switches are standard UK sizes so that's no problem.

As far as circuits/switches with no CAT-5 then you have two options:

1) Chase CAT-5 in.
2) Use something called a C-bus Bus Coupler. This allows you to connect
standard switches (Momentary our obviously best.) to the c-bus network.
You can connect 4 switches per coupler and they are mounted at the
consumer unit end. Just as long as the cable runs to the switches can be
FULLY isolated from the mains circuit. The bus coupler gives you all the
functionality and programming of any normal c-bus switch.

HTH.

Many thanks

Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx rob@xxxxxxx