Re: Kinda OT: DV editing - where to start

""I see though that many of the cameras available in the UK do no= t
have a DV-in connection - does the lack of this mean that I can't
return the footage onto the camera once edited on a PC?""

To my knowledge the availability of DVin functionality is somewhat
limited in EUROPE not only UK due to import duty issues, a video
camera =3D one duty rate, a video camera + DV in =3D video recorder =3D much higher duty.

Some camcorders can be hacked either in software or using third party
products which are rapidly disappearing from the market as
manufacturers slap them with injunctions, apparently the eurocrats
were getting annoyed that the OEM manufacturers weren't doing enough
to stop the DV in enabler market so threatened them with legal action
to recover the difference in duty.

search on the web for DVin enabler

Newer models are having DV in disabled in hardware so there will be
no room for playing.

When it comes to video editing I am still looking around but if you
want to do anything in real time you will need a high spec machine
and a dedicated editing software like Adobe Pinnacle (i think that is
the right name) and a supported Firewire card, i am considering the
Matrox RT.10 bundle at about =A3500

I found a magazine in my local smith's which seems good for
beginners, it's called Computer Video if my memory serves me
correctly.

I bought a Sony PC110 when it first came out and have been very
pleased with it for Video and pictures. I have however heard alot of
bad things about the very small Cannon cameras and the Mini MV Sony's

Paul

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D=
3D""