Re: Advert: Roombas in the UK - IN STOCK

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Calum Morrell <calum@d...> wrote:

> Well of course, http://www.roomba.de= /
> still offer the Roomba for EUR
> 324,95 [a little over =A3200] and
> shipping from Germany is only EUR 22
> [approx =A314].

Well, the 324,95 Euros is actually a little over =A3215, and shipping
>from
> Has anyone purchased from them yet to
> say whether they are ok or not?

Nope, but I do know that they were threatened with legal action by
iRobot. A number of people thought that they were purchasing direct
>from updated the site to say "roomba.de are not an authorised
distributor". Nor are we, but we've never made any claim to be :-)

Their site also contains some outright lies, such as the claim that
it is illegal to _use_ a power supply personally imported from the
US. In fact, it is only illegal to SELL one.

I should have pointed out that our Roombas come with a UK-legal power
supply.

We are discussing warranties at the moment. iRobot only offer a 90-
day warranty, which is all we can definitely commit to. In practice,
however, the US experience is that either they go wrong in the first
week (<1%) or they don't go wrong.

Regards,

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or