RE: Advert: Roombas in the UK - IN STOCK

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Advert: Roombas in the UK - IN STOCK
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:00:35 -0000

> Some facts:
>
> 1. iRobot are not supplying anyone other than Hammacher, Sharper Image= and
> Brookstone.  They do not manufacture a 'European version'.
> www.Roomba.de is
> selling imported models, the same as us, except we're not in breach of=
> copyright by using the Roomba brand identity in our address!

I understand they are selling grey imports, not a problem!

> 2. Our transformer is CE rated, the same as Roomba.de (except
> ours is 3-pin
> of course)

So, you are saying that the roomba unit they sell is not CE marked, if that= s
the case, Mark you should really edit their text on your website!

> 3. If you follow through the check-out process, shipping to mainland U= K
> costs Eu31.10 or just over =A320.

As it wants me to register my details before I can see the total price, I left the site. I was just wuoting what they say in delivery info.

> 4. Mark and me are nice guys, and you know where we live ;-)

100% true!

> Our price includes VAT.  I'm not sure whether Roomba.de's does, i= t's
> impossible to see without actually providing c/card details and comple= ting
> the order.  Even if it does, I think you'd would still have to pa= y the VAT
> and reclaim it (this was certainly the case on a car I brought in from=
> Germany).

Ah you had to register for VAT, bummer :/

On the EU vat front, the price you see is the price you pay. If a Dutch
person buys something from the UK he pays 17.5% vat, thats it, and vice
versa.

> You pays your money and takes your choice....

Yup, just trying to clarify the CE and warranty issue, and pointing out the=
delivery costs issue. I didn't even mention that they were around =A350
cheaper ;)

Cheers, Des.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
=3D"HGTV