RE: [OT] Program for printing photo's easily ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Program for printing photo's easily ?
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:55:34 -0000

I'd recommend that you don't even try.

After the articles that PCPro ran over the past two months about printing
photos using inkjet printers and using online printers,  I tried
www.photobox.co.uk last week.

To say I was impressed with the results was an understatement. I selected 7
pictures from my digital camera, a Canon EOS 300D, and uploaded them to the
photobox web site. You can resize and crop online, if you want to. Select
the number of prints and size of each, fill in your credit card details and
off you go.

I did this at around 15:00 last Sunday. At 17:10 I had an e-mail to say the
prints had been dispatched and they arrived by first class post on Tuesday
morning.

The cost: 29p per print for 6"x4", 49p for 7"x5".
There's an on-top charge
of =A31.50 per order. That price-per-print (ignoring P&P) is less than
half
the cost of printing them on an inkjet printer.

They're not the cheapest of the online printers, but they're certainly very
fast.

The great this is that the prints are printed on the same paper, using the
same machinery, as regular film-based prints. Consequently, the prints
don'=
fade or smudge (both of which are often serious problems with inkjet
prints). At 6"x4" they really are indistinguishable from 35mm
prints.

Highly recommended. I'm going to try out some of the others to see how they
compare - next will be www.pixum.co.uk.

Steve

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20