RE: Loftbox problem....

Quoting Dean Smith <ukha@xxxxxxx>:

> <tt>
> From the LA page for the loftbox<BR>
> <a

href="http://www.letsautomate.com/10567.cfm?";>http://www.letsautomate.com/10567.
cfm?</a><BR>
> <BR>
> &quot;When you install the loftbox, it is important to remember
that the
> actual<BR>
> input signal for the outputs is the UHF2 socket. To get outputs from
> ports<BR>
> 1-4/8 you must loop-back (via your Sky box's UHF2 or VCR - whichever
is<BR>
> appropriate) to the UHF2 input on the loftbox. If you wish to
distribute<BR>
> just TV aerial signals then you should attach the aerial to the Aerial
> input<BR>
> via a 'Y' splitter, which is also connected to the UHF2 input (so the
> aerial<BR>
> is connected to BOTH the aerial input and the UHF2
input).&quot;<BR>
> <BR>
> Dean<BR>
> <BR>

Yup this one got me. Moved house and reinstalled my loftbox (had no return
loop
>from
8 were not outputting. A quick e-mail to Letsautomate pointed out the error
of
my ways. As soon as that was sorted - presto all of the other outputs had
nice
clear signals. I would guess you have the same problem

Simon
> -----Original Message-----<BR>
room&quot; output
> also seems<BR>
> OK... no problems with any of the devices there - good signal on FM
and<BR>
> terrestrial...<BR>
> <BR>
> However, I hooked up the kitchen TV to one of the room outputs, using
> the<BR>
> appropriate diplexing wallplate, and I get naff all signal... I can
> _just<BR>
> about_ make out a recogniseable image, - it's about what one would
expect
> if<BR>
> just a short length of wire was plugged in to the aerial socket! - I
can<BR>
> also just about make out the sky EPG from the digibox as well... That
TV<BR>
> also has a handy-link IR extender on it, and that *IS* powered (the
LED
> is<BR>
> on), so it is getting power from the digibox's RF2 output - which also
> goes<BR>
> through the loftbox via the multiservice wallplate in the lounge, also
> the<BR>
> IR does appear to be working as well, as I can just about make out
the<BR>
> response in the EPG screen as I use the sky remote in the kitchen.
I've<BR>

_________________________________________________________________<BR>
> Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger
today!<BR>
> <a
> href="http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger";>http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger</a><BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004<BR>
> <BR>
> <a
> href="http://www.automatedhome.co.uk";>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk</a><BR>
> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx<BR>
> Subscribe:&nbsp; ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx<BR>
> <BR>
> Yahoo! Groups Links<BR>
> <BR>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:<BR>
>  <a

d/</a><BR>

href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><B

> <BR>
> <BR>
> </tt>

> <tt>
> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004<BR>
> <BR>
> <BR>
> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <BR>
> Subscribe:&nbsp; ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx <BR>

> <tt><hr width="500">
> <ul>
> <li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a

d/</a><br>&nbsp;
> <li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
to:<br><a
> href="mailto:ukha_d-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>ukha_d-
> <li>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
> href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.