My First Squeezeboxes

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: My First Squeezeboxes
  • From: "Derek Erb" <erb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:21:26 -0000

This certainly isn't a review but just rather a comment...

I received my 2 Squeezeboxes yesterday from Slim Devices.

I had already copied all of my music files (3,400 MP3 files in 192
kbps format) to an external 200 GB Firewire disk and converted an
old laptop in to a Slim Server.

I was amazed at how easy this was.  In less than 20 minutes I had
both of the Squeezeboxes up and running.  One is wired and the other
is wireless and both have static IP addresses.

Using the web interface I had renamed them, changed the way they
display while playing and created a few playlists.

One's in my office, in the basement, connected to my tiny stereo and
the other is upstairs in the living room connected to the main
stereo which is currently hidden behind the Christmas tree.

Not only do I now have my entire collection of MP3 files now
available to me in my office but I can also see what they're
listening to upstairs on the web interface.

This is wonderful!  I have now started ripping more and more of my
CDs to build up the collection and am contemplating getting at least
2 more of these boxes, probably one a month for the next couple of
months, one for my daughter's room and one for the kitchen.  I'll
probably get another for the excercise room in the spring.

Now I now why I hooked up a network at home!

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx