Help me with my new flat shopping list

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Help me with my new flat shopping list
  • From: "Andy" <aoyz43@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:43:25 -0000

I know how helpful you all are here. So I thought I would post my
requireme=
nts for my new flat. Essentially I want to be the envy of my mates without
=
the associated 'geek' title. Thus I need to make things look quite slick.

I am a first time buyer and also on a small salary, so I'm looking for the
=
cheaper solutions

1. First thing I need to do is order sky. I am an exiting customer but I
wa=
nt to leave SKY in my old house. My mum said she will take over the
contrac=
t.
[Q] Anyone know of any special deals ?
[Q] I am looking at using MediaCentre or similar PVR software on my PC =
therefore I don't think paying =A3199 simply for digital 5.1 is worth it ?

2. Need a tele, would love to get a plasma screen mount to the wall. Ebay
i=
s covered with them. Any tips ?

3. Jukebox, with a raft of films and MP3s on my PC I need to be able to
wat=
ch / listen to them. I love the idea of a touch screen jukebox style
screen=
although even better is one of those web pads. This part is quite importan=
t as I intend to invite lots of ladies over and would love to say to them
"=
Pick something to play" and not have them know its on a PC !

4. Wireless wireless wireless....... No problem with the broadband router.
=
However would love to be able to use a bluetooth headset to call friends
vi=
a VOIP

Lots of other things but 4 to start with

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20