RE: NOW Alarm monitoring WAS Comfort

Hi there.

Thankfully Mark forwarded this to me - Sorry, I've been off the list for a
while due to overwhelming workload - but I've just rejoined as a result of
this prompt (ta, Mark). I'm not sure however who posted this question
originally, so apologies for the general posting.

Our Home Manager service is an automated alarm monitoring and messaging
service, which monitors security systems made by most leading
manufacturers=
.
In the event of an alarm, Home Manager puts a telephone call into the
property to check for false alarms. If the alarm panel is not reset
immediately, Home Manager raises the alarm to you (property owner), and
you=
own list of 'trusted friends' (you can have upto 6).

Home Manager raises the alarm by sending alert messages by SMS text
message=
,
voice call (using re-recorded messages + a text-to speech converter), and
email. Home Manager can also monitor your system for fire, flood, power
failure and more, by adding different sensors to your security system.

Home Manager also monitors for responses to the alert messages it sends. If
none of your trusted friends respond, you can opt to have Home Manager
aler=
Group 4, who will send a patrolman to your property. You can also opt for
Group 4 to be the first point of contact for the service, although the
cost=
of this to you could be astronomical.

Group 4 CAN call the police if necessary, and will also remain on site to
secure your property. There is an extra charge for the Group 4 service,
which starts from =A330 per year for the 'Pay-As-You-Go' service we are
introducing in January 2004. You just pay an hourly rate for their time on
site, if they are ever called.

In our experience, if you have 6 trusted friends in your 'Contacts' list,
Home Manager usually doesn't get past the 3rd Contact before someone has
responded. Then its down to you and your friends to attend the site to make
an assessment, and call the emergency services if appropriate.

Finally, our service is competely web based, so you administer your own
account online, including:
* changing contact phone numbers and email addresses
* changing the orer in which your contacts are alerted
* viewing a full event log from your alarm panel so you can see who
unset or set the panel or when (check your cleaner did the work you 	pay
him/her for!)
* upgrading to group 4 options
We also have working hours telephone support for those without internet
access (not you, obviously, but we have many elderly customers without net
access for example).

The police generally do attend if they have evidence of someone on the
property from an eye-witness at the scene - after all if they can catch
someone red-handed they will try! If they don't have that eye-witness info,
then the question of response times does come up! With Group 4, at least
yo=
know they will stay there until the property is secure, although I
appreciate you have to pay for this. It's a balance between cost and peace
of mind.=20

The police are introducing more and more stringent regulations to avoid the
out-of-control false alarm issue, and I can see that private security firms
are to pick up more and more domestic business in place of the police (as
i=
the USA, where the police do not attend domestic alarms AT ALL in some
states).

That was awful long-winded when I looked back at it, but if you stayed this
far, then I will happily send you / anyone some updated information on our
services when I get it next week. Alternatively, see our website which is
also being overhauled in January.=20

Or just drop me a line directly if you want more info or have any
questions=
.

We shall be exhibiting too at UKHA2004 too where I can show you our vision
of the connected home, our home automation / web based X10 control
capabilities, and some domestic camera solutions we are launching during
2004.
=20

HTH.=20

Scott

Scott Crowther
Marketing Executive
Intamac Systems Ltd
=20
Tel : +44(0) 1604 679260
Mail : scrowther@xxxxxxx
Web : www.intamac.com
=20

The information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is=20
intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are=20
not the intended recipient please notify us immediately.
You should not disclose the contents to any other person,
nor take any copies.

----- Original Message -----=20