Re: Fwd: [OT] USB/Firewire 2.5HDD External Casing (urgentish)

Phil Harris wrote:

>>Ross, this is probably a silly question, but do you really need
such an
>>enclousre for a one off? Obviously I don't know your setup, but all
you
>>need to hook the HD to a normal computer is a 2.5" to
3.5" adapter ...
>>of which I have, since one of my specialities is data recovery.
>

> I think Maplin do the 3.5" to 2.5" adapter cables for a
fiver or something
> like that...
>
> ...always handy!

you need to watch maplin [as usual], a client went and asked for one and
was given a completely useless connector even tho he stated exactly what
it was for. inmac.co.uk sells the correct adaptor and mounting brackets
for £12 and I've seen a couple of places do just the adapter on it's own
for around £6 to £8

--
Calum Morrell
www.drochaid.org