Fujitsu Stylistic 1200 advise...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fujitsu Stylistic 1200 advise...
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:19:57 -0000

Hi,

Has anyone upgraded the memory on a Fujitsu Stylistic 1200 tablet?
Could they point me to a uk source of the memory chip and advise on
the maximum memory that's supported. Crucial and some web searches
haven't found the necessary information, just US suppliers.

Also I'm intending to use the tablet as a webserver to control my x10
system and possibly caller id etc. Any warnings on running the tablet
24 x 7 or possibly making use of the power on bios function and a
scripted shutdown to just run it when I'm around. I know it's not
industrial strength, but err well neither is my home automation set
up at the moment ;)

Oh and finally any thoughts on a good linux distribution to install.
Gentoo looks appealing because of it's configurability but so far
haven't had much joy with getting it working. Redhat (which I'm more
familiar with) looks quite 'heavy' on the spec and it's a pain to
strip out unused componenets.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.