Re: Wiring question...

Quoting Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>:

> So here goes.... Is there (and if so what is it), a convention for
which
> CAT5 cores to use on a BT socket? - and before you ask why I'm not
just
> terminating to an RJ45 socket and using an adapter, it's because it is
to a
> "Multi-Service Wallplate" that's part of the loftbox setup.
- This has a
> pair of normal BT sockets provided as standard, and naturally I have
only
> run CAT5 cable to the backbox...
>
> So which cores should I punch to which terminal(s) on the BT socket?
>
> One for Keith perhaps?... :-)

Hi Paul,

Standard BT Wiring Colours are

1  GREEN/White    Not normally used at home
2  BLUE/White     B Wire
3  ORANGE/White   Bell Wire
4  WHITE/Orange   Earth Not normally used at home
5  WHITE/Blue     A Wire
6  WHITE/Green    Not normally used at home

On an RJ45 patch panel the line should connect to

4  BLUE/White     B Wire
5  WHITE/Blue     A Wire
2  ORANGE/White   Bell Wire

Patch Panel colours are standard colour code. Any adapters re-arrange an
RJ45
to BT Pinout. If you have a free end of cable to connect to a BT socket it
is
just the standard BT Colours as above.

Sorry I didnt get to read it earlier :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv