RE: Pronto RU950 (hopefully not OT)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pronto RU950 (hopefully not OT)
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:35:46 -0000

> Is there any harm in getting the US model (TSU3000) instead of
> the UK model (RU950)?

Be aware that the US TSU3000 and the UK RU950 are *NOT* directly file
compatible ... now the theory is that you just save the file out from
ProntoEditNG as the correct type (RU950 or TSU3000) but it doesn't always
seem to work correctly. I tried converting Daniel Tonks' TSU3000 config and
there were problems with the resultant file. Also you won't get UK warranty
support on a TSU3000 (whether that's important to you or not).

www.remotecentral.com

> Alternatively, someone might have one cluttering up their coffee
> table which they might like to sell?

Pass...

Phil