Re: Cat.5 Tester

I did the same, then realised that the SIX cables hanging out the
wall=20=20
were too long and trimmed them (cutting off the markings - oops!)

We also have a really nice cable tester at work but it's rather=20=20
expensive (well actually it's here because i pinched it but it doesnt=20=20
count as mine and i'll take it back at some point) basically you=20=20
connect labelled ends to each cable then when connecting the tester
to=20=20
each cable at the other end it tells you what number it is ... we
have=20=20
16 ends (numbered 1-16) - connect them all to the patch bay then just=20=20
walk round the room testing cables - tells you all the numbers :)

Costs about =A3180 though!

--
Ross McKillop
On 5 Dec 2003, at 23:14, Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> How many times I could have done with the "active
terminators" when=20=20
> laying cables!
>
> I always pull 4 cables through at any one time, I mark the 4 boxes
1=20=20
> to 4 and mark the cable ends 1 to 4, then when the cables are in place
=
=20
> I mark the roll ends 1 to 4 again and cut the cables....
>
> That's the theory....till I cut the last 4 runs before I
numbered=20=20