Digital prints from 35mm negatives

  • To: "HA (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Digital prints from 35mm negatives
  • From: "Benfield, John" <john.benfield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:57:53 -0000

Has anyone had experience of getting digital copies of 35mm negatives.

I recently got some films developed at both BonusPrint and Jessops. The
printed pictures came out with their normal good quality (I use a decent
SLR), however I was really disappointed with the digital copies. My
cheap(ish) Sony digital camera produces far better pictures. I was
wondering
if scanning the negatives myself would produce better quality images.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority and represents The Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing
Group. The Bank sells life policies, collective investment schemes and
pension products and advises only on the Marketing Group's range of these
products and on a With-Profit Bond produced by Norwich Union Life (RBS)
Limited.

from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to
this message after it was sent.

accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient