RE: C-Bus Course

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: C-Bus Course
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:35:57 -0000

Yes indeed - from Comfort you can switch/dim C-Bus groups using new actions
(commands) and you can read/report their state changes back to trigger
Comfort responses (macro) . I find it a little fiddly though as all things
in the Comfort response language are (minor gripe).  They also have some
support for the C-Bus security application as well as the Lighting
application to support the C-Touch touch screen as a keypad. Don't think
you
can read temperatures or light levels though - at least mine can't. A later
firmware revision might. This is my one main gripe with Comfort - you have
to keep buying upgrade firmware chips. Both for the UCM and the panel - and
they are not cheap. Downloadable firmware !!!  Overall though Comfort
brings
so many things into one place and the C-Bus support is just one of many
capabilities, it's nice to have.

Kevin