RE: Source of acrylic rod

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Source of acrylic rod
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:06:51 -0000

> I just brought clear acrylic rods from there materials section.

Interesting, I see no 'Materials' section at www.rswww.co.uk and
searching for 'rod' doesn't pull them up either. However I did manage to
locate them by searching for 'Acrylic'. It seems they are in the
section:

All Products  Mechanical  Engineering Materials  Plastic Stock
Engineering Plastics

Which is why I failed to find them earlier! However they do only go down
to 6mm and as per the notes at Frank's site, 5mm is better for this
particular job. It is a little disappointing to see that the 5m of 6mm
at RS costs about half what I just paid for 6m of 5mm, but I guess with
VAT and postage to be added there isn't a whole lot in it.