Re: Automatic watering

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Automatic watering
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <rjl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:53:30 -0000

I guess I'll have to dismantle the valve again to take a deeper
look. I must admit when I did this first of all, I simply couldn't
understand how it all seemed to work! I have a much older mechanical
Hozelock one which I might try to use first. Motors and gears are
far easier to understand!

Thanks for the pointers.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ian.bird@c... wrote:
> Must be something simple like this otherwise it would not be
possible to
> run it off a battery. The valves I use consume about 230ma each to
stay
> open but close when the power is removed. I would guess the
original water
> computer only pulsed the magnet for a second or so in either
direction for
> open and close. Stating the obvious really but it was fun.
>
> This type of behaviour will make tracking the valves state a tad
harder
> than with the auto close variety. You might like to consider a
flow sensor
> as I installed which I use to check if after closing the valve the
water
> really has stopped flowing. It was from Farnell and not too
expensive. Ask
> away if you want more details as I have not added this to my site
yet.

> Ian
>

> "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@b...>
> 03/12/2003 11:54
> Please respond to ukha_d
>

>         To:     <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: [ukha_d] Automatic watering
>

> reverse the polarity to close the valve?

Homevision