From: Richard Sillitto [mailto:richard@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 December 2003 09:29
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] USB over Cat.5

Hello,

Warning that this question might actually be really stupid - It's one
of those morning ideas whilst in the shower.....

Is it possible to send USB data over Cat.5? My thinking being that in
my new house I will install Cat.5 all over the place (cheap, easy to
install, versatile) and it would be great to be able to interface USB
devices remotely but using the already installed Cat.5 cabling.

For example, I would like to use a few cheap USB webcams as security
cameras - but extending USB around the house I imagine would be
costly, as would radio transmitters/receivers.

Or am I barking?

Cheers!

Richard.