Re: Electrical relays

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Benfield, John"
<john.benfield@r...>
> The inverter is handling the timing of the circuits, but it
> is basically duplicating the manual sequence. Once I have it
> working I will configure the actually timing more accurately.
> The sequence is pre-heat on, wait for 10 seconds, start on
> (hold for 5 seconds), start off (this is like letting go
> of the key), if no voltage is found on the supply side, then
> turn the pre-heat off, wait for 15 seconds and repeat.
> If voltage is found, then leave the pre-heat on.
> To turn the genny off, break the pre-heat circuit.

John, you mention pre-heat, so I assume its a diesel gennie ?

I'm a bit concerned that you seem to want to keep the preheat
energised for the duration of it running. This will burn out
the glow plugs in no time at all !
The glow plugs usually only need to be energised until the
gennie is running.

Now on to your wiring again. Do you know what the 'on' contact
resistance is of the switch/relay you are currently using ?

Can you stick an ammeter or voltmeter in your circuit to try
and see what is going on ?

Cheers,
John.