IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}
  • From: Ross McKillop <home@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 00:27:58 +0000

What's the best option for IR distribution, only two (maybe 4 in time)
rooms, to control Sky / TiVo (if I ever get one or some other PVR box)
/ Audio Sources (Probably one of those MediaMVP thingys / CD player
etc) - nothing funny like some of those cable boxes or B&O kit which
doesn't use 'normal' IR.

Currently we're using the little TV-Link Sky Eye, but the picture
quality over RF isnt that great so we're moving to Keith's Kat5 Modules
at some point soon... problem is, no IR!

All rooms have Cat5e cable to them, so something that runs over that
would be ideal.

- Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean