Re: Broadband

For all you people in the same boat as me (On a Broadband enabled exchange
but too far away for standard Broadband) Zen internet are accepting people
onto the BT Extended Range trial.  www.zen.co.uk.  I don't know what they
are like as an ISP, but they were the only ISP I could find who would
accept my order (My line fails the standard BT test)

You put in your cedit card details and they place an order with BT.
An Engineer tests the line for noise (Up to 60db is acceptable)
You get Broadband with a possibility of degraded bandwidth - you pays your
money...

My order has been accepted and is currently with BT for the test. Fingers
crossed.

If this fails I will have to try and lobby BT to change the routing of my
line (whilst I am 5.7Km line length from the exchange, it is only about 3Km
in reality) - they might be able to tug some of the slack up somewhere!!!

Anybody know which BT dept would deal with such a request - Anyone got an
address???

Thanks,  Tim.