OT : GPS / Wardriving..?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT : GPS / Wardriving..?
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:51:55 +0100

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of wardriving..?

I've loaded netstumbler and was amazed to find a few nodes
on my journey into work, but I'm sure an external antenna
would help find more. This first tentative venture into
wardriving has fired me up to do more, does anyone have
recommendations for GPS units that I can hook up to a usb
port on the laptop (or in the future a Dell Axim) and use
netstumbler to map locations ? Ideally the same kit could
then be used for Navigation (I'm sure SWMBO would be impressed
at that.. as she could spend the trips asleep then:)

Whats the difference (in warchalking terms) between a
Closed Node and a Wep Node ?

Marcus